Tom’s Scrumpalicious Chocolate Brownies
These mouth-watering squares of brownie goodness are sure to hit the spot.
The recipe for these delicious fudgy brownies comes from Tom, a chef working at a chalet we rented a few winters ago in Argentiere, France. Tom was a miracle worker. We had eight kids in our group, and he was able to get them all not only to eat pasta with a mushroom sauce, but had them coming back for seconds! He was kind enough to share his brownie recipe with me. To tell you the truth, he didn’t have much choice. I was swooning in the kitchen over them and wouldn’t leave until I knew the secret. These brownies can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, so enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup butter (2 1/2 sticks or 250g)
- 11 oz. chocolate (300g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (450g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour (200g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate or toffee bits (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F/fan (180°C/fan). Butter and flour a large baking dish (9x13 inches), or as I prefer, just line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, stirring constantly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together, then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until just smooth. Poor into the baking dish and sprinkle with toffee or white chocolate, if desired.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure not to overcook!
If you would like to get new recipes and stories every week, please Follow Us.