Caramel Cinnamon Baked Apples
Mmmmm….the smell of cinnamon and apples wafting through the kitchen and into the rest of the house is the coziest most wonderful way to greet the day. I love to make these plump apples in the morning and just let them sit out for anyone to grab during the day if they get hungry. I usually can’t resist and have mine warm right away with a little bit of cream drizzled on top. The kids enjoy these apples as an afternoon snack or as dessert after dinner with vanilla ice-cream. They are heavenly and it’s fruit, right?
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter
- A handful of chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (180° C).
- Core the apples and peel them, leaving some skin at the bottom to hold the apples together as they bake.
- Mash all the remaining ingredients together with a spoon and stuff each apple in the center. Place the apples on a baking dish.
- Pour just enough water in the bottom of the dish to cover the bottom and bake for about 45 minutes, basting the apples occasionally, until they are golden and soft and oozy. Eat warm or at room temp.
Would you like new recipes and stories every week? Please Follow Us.