Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are amazing. You have to try them. They are creamy, chocolatey, crunchy, and they melt on your tongue in the most satisfying way. Every time I make them, they disappear from the fridge within 24 hours. And… they are no-bake! So preparation is super easy. You do have to let them chill overnight, but that’s fine.
I based this recipe on the fantastic No-Bake Oreo Peanut Bar with Chocolate Chips from savory tooth blog. I changed the bottom layer and a few other small things. I prefer to use a plain chocolate biscuits/cookies for the bottom crust. Having lived in different countries, I realize that different places have different cookies available, so any chocolate biscuit/cookie that you like will do. I also use creamy peanut butter because I love the creaminess of the top layers contrasting with the crunchy bottom crust, but feel free to use crunchy peanut butter if that is your preference.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 12 oz. (185g) chocolate biscuits – this makes about 3 cups of crumbs
- 1 bar dark chocolate (80g)
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 Tbps peanut butter
- 2 cups (160g) milk chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Line a small baking dish (8x8inches or thereabouts) with parchment paper so that the paper comes up above the sides and set aside.
- Bottom crust: Break up the bar of chocolate into pieces. Melt 6 Tbsp of butter with the dark chocolate pieces. You can do this in a microwave, double boiler, or just over the fire in a small saucepan. If you do the latter, use a low heat and stir constantly, turning the heat off before everything is melted and keep stirring until everything melts. In a food processor, combine the chocolate biscuits, butter and chocolate mixture, and salt. Blend until you have a moist crumbly consistency. Use your hands to press this mixture into the bottom of the baking dish evenly as your first layer. Stick this in the fridge to cool as you prepare the next layer.
- Peanut Butter layer: Melt the butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Mix well and spread on top of the bottom crust layer. Refrigerate again.
- Top chocolate layer: Melt the butter and milk chocolate together as described above for the bottom crust. In a bowl, combine the butter/chocolate mixture with the cream and peanut butter until well mixed. Spread this carefully over the peanut butter layer and refrigerate again.
- Leave overnight in the fridge. Cover it once it is totally cool. In the morning, use the parchment paper to lift the whole bar out of the baking dish, place on a cutting board and cut into squares. Now go ahead a bite into one. I suspect you will not be able to have just one 🙂
Would you like new recipes and stories every week? Please Follow Us.