Roasted Fennel with Sour Cherries
When you roast this wonderful combination of vegetables, herbs, and sour cherries, the whole house smells like you are gathering wild tart berries in the woods. Warm, cozy, delicious. And with only a few simple ingredients, you can make this in no time. Perfect for a side dish to accompany your next feast.
- 2 bulbs of fresh fennel, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 heads of garlic, halved
- a handful of shallots, peeled and left whole
- a handful of dried sour cherries
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- a few sprigs of fresh oregano
- olive oil
- salt, black pepper, Turkish red pepper flakes
Place all the ingredients on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bake at 400°F/200°C for 30 minutes until fragrant and the onions and fennel are golden at the edges. If you like, drizzle a little more olive oil during cooking or after. Delicious as a side dish or as a simple vegetarian meal with fresh bread or brown rice. Yum.
Would you like new recipes and stories every week? Please Follow Us.