Panettone Bread Pudding
What to do with leftover panettone? Bread pudding, of course! I literally eat this straight out of the baking dish with a large spoon. It’s that good.
Would you be able to resist this? click here –> Panettone Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yields: 8 servings
For the bread pudding:
- 1 panettone (500g)
- 1 tsp butter for greasing the baking dish
- 3 eggs + one egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup (350ml) heavy cream
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- A handful of slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/160°C and grease a shallow baking dish with a little butter. Cut the panettone into large squares, leaving the crusts on and arrange in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar and pour evenly over the panettone. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the bread to soak up the liquid.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the pudding is just set – it should be yellow inside and nicely browned on top. The bread will start to puff up when it’s ready.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar and pour sweetened cream on top, like in the video! This can be served warm or at room temperature. I actually prefer it after it has cooled, but it’s up to you!
Would you like new recipes and stories every week? Please Follow Us.