Crepe Cake with Raspberry Cream and Berries
I think dessert should be special – it should delight. And taste delicious. This Crepe Cake with Raspberry Cream does both. It’s a bit time-consuming to prepare, as you have to make A LOT of crepes, but it’s fun. And the ooooh’s and aaaahhh’s and smiles you receive are well worth it.
The crepes and raspberry cream are made separately and then assembled, layer by layer.
For the crepes, triple the standard crepe recipe found here.
For the raspberry cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup mascarpone, room temperature
Mixed berries, fresh mint, and powdered sugar for topping.
- Prepare the crepes as per this recipe and let cool.
- For the raspberry cream: Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the raspberries and beat another 30 seconds or so, until the raspberries are blended in and the cream is a beautiful pink. Fold or beat in the mascarpone.
- Assembly: On a cake platter, lay one crepe down and spread with a very very thin layer of raspberry cream, then top with another crepe. Repeat until you have used all the crepes and cream. Make sure you have a few tablespoons of cream left for the topping.
- Topping: Spread 3-4 tablespoons of raspberry cream on top and then garnish with berries and fresh mint. Dust powdered sugar over everything and refrigerate until serving time. Voilà!
Would you like new recipes and stories every week? Please Follow Me.