Oatmeal Coconut Cookies Dipped in Dark Chocolate
I decided I really needed some chocolate. And some coconut. And so…COOKIES! I love the subtle sweetness of the coconut and the oats make them feel healthful 🙂
These oatmeal coconut cookies are quite subtle and very delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness. You can eat them plain, or dipped in creamy dark chocolate.
I do it both ways.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 minutes per batch
Yields: 24 cookies
- 1 cup (225g) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (125g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (125g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (75g) desiccated coconut
- 12 oz. (350g) good dark chocolate (I used 60% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Cream together with an electric mixer the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until just smooth. Fold in the oats and coconut.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart (they will spread as they bake). Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or double boiler gently and dip each cooled cookie into the chocolate to coat. Alternatively, drip the chocolate onto the cookies. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries and let the chocolate set. Can be eaten right away or stored in an airtight container.