Mom’s Chocolate Soufflé
Do you want a warm chocolatey creamy fruity dessert?? Try this heavenly light Chocolate Souffle which takes 10 minutes to prepare and is absolutely delicious.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 oz (56g) dark unsweetened chocolate (99% cocoa)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/160°C.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the flour and salt and mix, cooking for about one minute. Add the milk and stir. The mixture will begin to thicken. After one minute, remove from the heat and add the chocolate, broken into pieces. The chocolate will immediately melt and the mixture will form a chocolate paste. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar together. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg white mixture next, carefully folding it in with a spatula.
- Pour into individual ramekins or into one oval baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, depending on how gooey you like it. Serve warm with whipped cream and berries.