Chicken Balti Curry
There’s just something about a curry. It’s real comfort food, easy to prepare, and no sacrifice of flavor whatsoever. Everyone will love this recipe for Chicken Balti. Guaranteed. And it literally only takes minutes to prepare. I’ve made this recipe less spicy hot than I normally might because sometimes I prefer a milder curry so that the other flavors of cumin, ginger, and turmeric can shine through. But if you prefer all your food to be a three alarm fire, go ahead and spice it up!
- A few Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, chopped (or 2 cans of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste, cilantro and spring onions to garnish
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and tomatoes (or tomato cans). Cook for another two minutes, then add the chicken, broth, and spices. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked well.
- Serve over steamed rice, garnished with cilantro and spring onions, with plain yogurt on the side. Easy and delicious!