Tagliatelle with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, and Mozzarella
This is one of those basic recipes that you can whip up from ingredients you already have in your pantry. Requires only boiling the pasta and preparing the pesto, then throwing it all together.
- 1 package tagliatelle
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil (I use the olive oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor sometimes)
- a large handful of basil leaves
- a handful of pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 jar of sundries tomatoes
- 6-8 small balls of mozzarella, or bocconcini
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in the container of a handheld blender, blend together the garlic, olive oil, basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done, pour out the liquid, reserving some of the cooking liquid, and leave the pasta in the pan. Add the pesto and sliced sun-dried tomatoes to the pasta and stir on low heat for 1-2 minutes. Place the mozzarella on top, turn off the heat, and cover for another minute or two to allow the mozzarella to melt a little. Serve in the pan. Serve with nice chewy crusty Italian bread on the side and maybe some black olives?