Sautéed Mushroom Toast
Mushrooms are high in dietary fiber and contain many B vitamins as well as minerals such as potassium, selenium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. And they taste pretty amazingly too! Sauté them up and serve over your favorite wholegrain bread.
- 2 slices of a nice wholegrain bread
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- about 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- a handful of chopped parsley
- Prepare a slice of bread, toast if desired.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on a medium high heat, sauté the green onion in the olive for 30 seconds and then add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms are tender, then add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and chopped parsley. Spoon the mushrooms onto the bread and dig in!