Mediterranean Fish with Lemon Slices served with Orzo
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way of eating that will keep you slim and healthy using fresh ingredients that people in the Mediterranean have been eating for centuries because that is the food which is abundant in that region of the world; fruits, vegetables, olive oil, fish.
This Fish with Lemon Slices and Orzo is a simple meal and a great example of a super healthy way to eat that will satisfy you completely. And it’s very Mediterranean. And don’t forget the wine, if you are so inclined! Just a small glass makes a wonderful accompaniment to bring out the flavors of the food.
- 1 1/2 cups orzo (risoni) pasta
- a handful of chopped herbs, as desired (parsley, mint, dill, thyme)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Filet of a nice white fish, about 2cm/1/2 inch thick
- Lemon slices
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil the orzo according to package instructions. For more flavor, use broth to boil. When done, drain and add about two tablespoons of olive oil, green onion, garlic, chopped herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250°C/450°F. Place the fish filets on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and cover with lemon slices. Bake for 10-15 minutes until done.
- Serve the fish and orzo with a nice green salad for a perfect Mediterranean meal!