Hummus, Beet, and Avocado Toast with Za’atar
The sweetness of the beets, combined with the nutty hummus and creamy avocado is wonderful. Add the extra flavor burst of homemade za’atar and you’ve got a meal!
- 2 slices of a nice wholegrain bread
- 4 Tbsp hummus (recipe here or ready made)
- 1 medium beet, grated (no need to cook)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- a squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- homemade Za’atar (recipe here)
- Prepare a slice of bread, toast if desired.
- Spread the hummus, then the grated beet, followed by avocado slices, and sprinkle with za’atar. Yummy!