Avocado, Roasted Asparagus, and Egg Toast
- 1 individual whole wheat pita bread, split in half
- 1 avocado
- lemon juice
- grilled or roasted asparagus
- 1 soft boiled egg
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, as desired
- Toast each piece of pita bread lightly.
- Roughly mash the avocado with a fork and squeeze a little lemon juice on it. Salt as desired and spread onto the bread.
- Lay your asparagus on top (to grill, coat with olive oil and set on a medium heat on the grill for about 10 minutes or in the oven at 200°C/400°F).
- Divide the soft-boiled egg between the two toasts. (To soft-boil, I put a medium-sized cold egg into boiling water for 6 minutes and 30 seconds, longer if a larger egg.) Sprinkle with more salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chopped parsley, as desired.